Marc Paisin is a well respected, highly experienced mediator and attorney with over 33 years of civil litigation experience. Mr. Paisin's current practice is devoted 100% to mediation and arbitration. He is a dedicated, motivated, well-trained, and effective mediator whose background and training promotes a full understanding of the facts. His philosophy of dispute resolution starts with ensuring that all parties have a mutual and complete understanding of the other's position, followed by constructive and critical exploration of each party's viewpoint and their underlying values. This leads to increased cooperation and full facilitation of settlement.
Employment Mediation Expertise
For over 15 years, Mr. Paisin has mediated hundreds of employment matters ranging from wrongful termination to discrimination based on age, sex and race. Past mediation parties vary from Fortune 500 companies to single site, family- owned businesses and include P.G. & E., Wells Fargo Bank, S.F.Muni., S.F. Airport, U.C. Regents, Royal Motors, Silicon Valley Chemlabs, Cities of Oakland, San Francisco, Alameda, etc. (Client list upon request). His mediation practice is particularly suited to employment matters in that he strongly believes that exploration of the feelings, values and interests underlying the dispute are primary and critical components of mediating employment cases, in order to promote increased cooperation and full facilitation of settlements that have enduring value to the parties. Most but not all employment matters are co-mediated with Ms. Claudia Viera, Esq.. a full time mediator/employment trainer and a former member of the firm of Littler, Mendelson, the largest employment and labor law firm in the nation. Please visit her website at www.claudiaviera.com.
Over 300 total units mediation training:
- The Center for Mediation In Law
- Harry Sloan Fellows of The Center for Mediation in Law
- San Francisco Community Boards
- ADR Association of Northern California
- East Bay Community Mediation also known as S.E.E.D.S.
- California Lawyers for the Arts
Memberships - Qualifications - Appointments
- B.S., Engineering/Psychology, Cal. State Univ. at San Diego, June, 1968
- J.D., Boalt Hall, University of California at Berkeley, June, 1971
- M.F.A., Design, University of California at Berkeley, June, 1973 - Metal/Glass
Prior Litigation Experience
- Panelist, Arts Arbitration and Mediation Service of California Lawyers for the Arts
- ADR Executive Committee of the Alameda County Bar Association
- Neutral Arbitrator, Office of the Indipendent Administrator (Kaiser)
- State Bar of California (Admitted 1971); Alameda County Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilot's Bar Association; NTSB Bar Association; AngelFlight
- National Fire Protection Association
- Co-Founder, California Lawyers for the Arts
- Appointed Judge Pro Tem., Alameda County Limited Jurisdiction Courts
- Member, Superior Court arbitration/mediation panels for Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, San Francisco and Marin counties
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution of Northern California
- Harry Sloan Fellow at The Center for Mediation In Law
- Coach law students at Boalt Hall, U.C. Berkeley, course #244.8, Mediation
Compensation Rates (as of 08/01/2007)
- 36 years at bar in California and Federal Courts
- Represented both plaintiffs and defendants
- In excess of 100 Superior Court civil trials
- Hearings before NTSB, FAA, EEOC, EDD
Administrative Fee - Advance Policy
- Two parties - $350.00 per hour
- Three parties - $400.00 per hour
- $50 per hour for each additional party
- Three hour minimum
No administrative fee. However, after all parties have agreed to mediate or arbitrate and after a hearing or conference date has been scheduled, each party shall submit its $200.00 advance deposit toward hourly fees.
In the event the mediation is cancelled with less than 48 hours prior notice and is NOT rescheduled, a $200.00 fee shall be charged to each party. In the event the advance fee has already been paid, it shall be applied to the cancellation fee. In the event the advance has not been paid, an invoice for the cancellation fee shall be forwarded to each party for payment to be made within ten days.
Facilities - Locations
Main offices located at Oakland, California include conference rooms, separate caucus rooms, telephone, internet connection, and refreshments. Mediations can also be held at your offices or alternatively in neutral locations in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Sacramento.